Indy Urban Acres Farm
Indy Urban Acres is an eight-acre organic farm located at 7700 E. 21st Street that provides fresh fruits and vegtables to local food pantries. Since 2011, Indy Urban Acres has flourished into a thriving farm which includes an orchard, raised beds, a 3,000 square foot greenhouse, two bee hives and three hens. Through the support of Indiana University Health, The Glick Fund, Indianapolis Power & Light and CLIF Bar Family Foundation, Indy Urban Acres has provided more than 30,000 pounds of fresh produce to Hoosiers through Gleaners Food Bank.
Throughout the summer, Indy Urban Acres hosts Indy Parks day camps for a day at the farm. In 2012, more than 1,000 campers experienced how food is grown and to how to grow their own.
Indy Urban Acres welcomes volunteers and service groups to help with improvements, weeding, planting and harvesting. More than 500 hardworking volunteers have dedicated their time and talent to maintain and grow Indy Urban Acres. For more information on how you or a group can help, please email Jenny Burrough at email@example.com
To make a donation and help contiuing growing the farm, click here.
- Indy Urban Acres: Frequently Asked Questions
- News Release: City's unique urban farm supplying fresh produce to food banks
- News Release: The Glick Fund announces $1.6M in grants
- News Release: Indy Parks honored with Indiana Parks and Recreation Association Awards
- NUVO Announces 2013 Cultural Vision Award Winners